Thursday 1 August 2013

I ask only for the strength to defend my people!

It's Yorkshire Day...! And to celebrate, here are some pictures I found in an old, 1980s SAS self-defense guide last weekend. In it are pictures of a red bearded ne'er-do-well with more than a passing resemblance to a young Sean Bean. You know, Sean "Lord Stark of the 006 Rings Borimir" Bean?

Kapow! It's Bean being stabbed by a pen! Ouch! A printer cable to the cheek! Mnyaaaa! Strangled by extremely tight trousers!

Sadly, I couldn't find any pictures of Bean with arrows or pikes in his leg (spoilers alerts...s), but you get the gist. Here they are in all their awkward glory. I may have added a few captions - this being the internet, after all. I was in two minds whether to spell 'sharp' with an 'e' (as in the series Sharpe) or with an 'ie' (as in the pen). No matter. Enjoy!